Hard to believe that there's less than five weeks of class left! Penn Habitat for Humanity has been very busy this semester, but we've still got more to come in the next few weeks:
From Jillian, one of our Fundraising Co-Chairs: "The Fundraising Committee has been hard at work on our recent fundraisers! We had a great time partnering with the Glee Club on their Singing Valentine's Fundraiser. We also had an open bar at the Blarney Stone, and we also sold hot grilled cheese that we made on our portable panini press! It was a hit. Our most recent endeavor was selling green shamrock tattoos and beads for St. Patrick's Day. We think people appreciated supporting a great cause and avoiding the inevitable pinch from not wearing green."
- Contact one of our Fundraising co-chairs if you have another idea for a fundraiser!
- The committee recently had a fun Saturday night BYO at Banana Leaf with Temple's Habitat for Humanity Chapter to strengthen our existing connections with this chapter. Penn Habitat partners with Drexel and Temple for our annual Rake-A-Thon Fundraiser in the fall.
- Stay tuned: Coalition is working hard with the Temple and Drexel Chapters to coordinate a Learn to Build Workshop soon!
- Thanks to everyone that came out to the Make n' Break study break last week!
- Make sure to support us this Wednesday, March 27 in a Water Pong Tournament! Enjoy great food and music as we see Penn's finest pong players duel it out! Penn for UNICEF will be holding this fundraiser on March 27th with Habitat for Humanity and the Multicultural Greek Council. Players will have the chance to win gift cards to Bobby's Burgers, Sweet Green, Kiwi, and more local restaurants as they face off in a 2 v 2 pong tournament. There will be a $2 fee to play. All of the proceeds will be going to the Tap Project by UNICEF. https://www.facebook.com/events/428149110610121/?ref=22
- Act! Speak! Build! Week is coming up April 8-12. Stay tuned for more information on an exciting slate of events, including a speaker dinner event and Shantytown!
From our build coordinator, Erica: "On Saturday, March 16, Penn Habitat volunteers were busy! Several students woke up early in the morning and headed to Salem, NJ for a day of hard work. We helped put up soffit and fascia to waterproof the house. Meanwhile, other students were busy inside setting up 2x'2's for the Roxul insulation. While we worked, it started snowing a little, but we braved through it and finished our projects. We headed back to campus at around 1:00pm. Shout-out to Andrew for being our driver and to everyone that volunteered! Last Saturday, more Penn students volunteered in New Jersey! Check out the next blog post to hear about the amazing things they accomplished this weekend."
- Thanks to everyone who supported our Landmark Americana Fundraiser! Stay tuned for information soon on an end-of-semester social event.
- Penn Habitat for Humanity has a Relay for Life team again this year! Sign-up to help support us in the fight against cancer: http://main.acsevents.org/goto/pennhabitat. Fundraising committee is also planning to sell Henna at Relay for Life to support our Relay team fundraising goal, and we may partner with another group to sell grilled cheeses again, too!
- Look for the Habitat for Humanity table at Greenfest, this Friday, March 29, from 4-7pm in Perelman Quad. We'll be raffling off a giftcard to City Taphouse, so come visit our table for a chance to win!
For the latest information, be sure to visit our website at http://www.pennhabitat.org, and follow us on Twitter and Facebook!
Penn Habitat Internal/External Liaison