It’s only nearing the end of February, but Penn Habitat has already has been doing exciting work this semester, with more new events and initiatives on the way:
- February’s annual collaboration with Penn Glee Club for the Singing Valentines fundraiser was a great success! We raised $1010 for Habitat for Humanity.
- This past weekend, the committee also hosted an Open Bar and Grilled Cheese fundraiser at the Blarney Stone. The event raised another $130 towards our mission.
The committee is working on planning several exciting events, including a ‘Learn to Build’ workshop that will continue off the success of last year’s event and a social night at Dave & Buster’s for our coalition schools.
- The committee will be working with Penn for UNICEF to host a Water Pong Tournament on March 27th in support of World Water Awareness month. Be on the lookout for more details soon about this new collaboration!
- The main focus of this committee in the spring semester is the annual Act! Speak! Build! Week, held the first week of April. Stay tuned for more information on an exciting slate of events, including a speaker dinner event and Shantytown.
- Channeling off the success of our executive board dinner, stay tuned for more details of our General Body BYO, scheduled for Saturday, March 16th. More details will be released post- Spring Break. Restaurant TBA.
- Penn Habitat for Humanity has a Relay for Life team again this year! Sign-up to help support us in the fight against cancer: http://main.acsevents.org/goto/pennhabitat
For the latest information, be sure to visit our website at http://www.pennhabitat.org, and follow us on Twitter and Facebook!
Penn Habitat Internal/External Liaison